Friday, January 11, 2013

Delight in Disorder by Robert Herrick

Delight in Disorder by Robert Herrick is a poem about a man checking a woman out, and the man is verbalizing his observations of the woman. The man notice the slightest imperfections on the woman, which he enjoys. I found this poem to be hard to understand, but once I figured out what was being said I liked the poem. I think this poem is very well crafted and realistic with the way the speaker is noticing little things in his first glance. The speaker states, "Do more bewitch me than when art Is too precise in every part" (Herrick line 13-14). When it comes to girls, I can connect to this speaker. I enjoy noticing the little things about females that most other people do not notice. I think this poem has a good lesson that nobody is perfect, and rather than criticizing imperfections, they should be embraced. The speaker was also honest with the way men notice women in that men start from their head and work their way down. I like how straightforward this speaker is and how accepting he is of the minor details.

No comments:

Post a Comment