Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Othello: Act V

Othello by William Shakespeare was an intriguing play with a solid plot. I found this play to never have a dull moment due to the characterization of Iago. I thought he would be more on the "awesome" side as a villain. His intelligence allowed him to manipulate every other character in the play, which I found to be humorous. Even after being caught on his lies, Iago still has the nerve to say, "Demand me nothing. What you know, you know. From this time forth I never will speak word" (V,ii,302-303). Iago has been completely revealed, and he still does not share his side of the story. I think Iago is the best villain out there because after reaping havoc on all these character's lives, he chooses to remain silent. Talk about not caring about authority. Other than Iago's character, I found this story to be entertaining. The story was well crafted and thought out. I also found the Shakespeare style easy to read because the story is easy to piece together with the words I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment